Cinnamon Roll Pretzels

Sunday 26 January 2014

 photo cinnamonsticks_zps80d58cb9.jpg

I just love cinnamon.   It has to be my favourite of the warm spices.  It comes from the inner bark of a few different trees, and is great in both sweet and savory dishes.  I think the smell of cinnamon in the air makes a house smell like a home.

 photo SAM_2829_zpsdafa70ef.jpg

I was on Pinterest the other day and I found a recipe that looked fabulous.   (Don't you just love Pinterest?)  It came from a blog called Lauren's Latest.   They looked to good that I had to print it out and I could hardly wait for the weekend so that I could make them for us to enjoy.

 photo SAM_2830_zps6c2bbae9.jpg

You will want to use the small pretzel twists for these.  You know the ones.  They are about 1 1/2 inch in size.  Lightly salted.   Don't use any that are flavoured with anything else.  That would just be ucky.


   photo SAM_2831_zps2f4bb290.jpg

Make sure you mix all of the ingredients together really well when you are mixing in the cinnamon sugar so that they all get coated evenly.  I found that  the cinnamon suar didn't get evenly distrubuted that easily, although to be honest the ones that the holes got stogged full of crunchy cinnamon sugar were my favourite bits!

 photo SAM_2832_zps917723e0.jpg

I know my photos are not the greatest of these, but the weather was really cruddy today and the lighting was really poor, so they are a bit darker than I would like, but I hope that doesn't put you off from trying them, coz they are really, really good!

  photo SAM_2833_zps77d52aa1.jpg

The original recipe called for drizzling white chocolate over the baked and cooled pretzels.  I have never been able to get white chocolate to drizzle properly . . . it usually just clumps for me, but I found dipping them worked quite well and we quite liked them.    Wouldn't they just make the nicest friendship gift for a special friend as a surprise?  I think so too!

 photo SAM_2828_zps1d122831.jpg


*Cinnamon Roll Pretzels*
Makes 4 cups

A delicious snack recipe I adapted from one I found online at Lauren's Latest.  Quick and easy to make. 

175g bag of pretzel twists, plain salted (4 cups)
60g butter, melted (1/4 cup)
95g of granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 ounces white chocolate, chopped (1/2 cup) 

 photo SAM_2837_zps062784a4.jpg  


Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F/ gas mark 4.  Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.  Set aside.
Toss the pretzels in a bowl with the melted butter.   Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and toss that with the buttered pretzels.  Spread the coated pretzels in a single layer on the baking sheet.

Bake in the heated oven for 15 minutes, stirring after each five minutes, and rotating the baking sheet.  Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely
Melt the chocolate and drizzle it over the pretzels with a spoon.  If that proves impossible (as it often does for me) dip one half of each pretzel to coat.  Allow to set before storing in an airtight container.




Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!