Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas

Thursday 24 March 2016

 photo DSCN5999_zps5qzks9dr.jpg

I've been to Buffalo, New York many times in my life time but I am sorry to say that I have never tried Buffalo Wings in Buffalo.  Shame that, because they are one of my favourite things ever.   The spiciness of that finger licking chicken . . .  and the wings are my favourite part of the chicken (naughty me)  . . . along with the cool creaminess of the blue cheese dressing . . . well, to me it's just the perfect combination.   A marriage made in heaven.  I have promised myself that if I ever have the chance to go to Buffalo again, I will indulge in some Buffalo Wings and at the place they are supposed to have originated from . . . The Anchor Bar.  Now that's one for the bucket list if ever there was one!


 photo DSCN6000_zpsixt9yhde.jpg

I have managed to incorporate those same flavours into plenty of recipes however  . . .  Buffalo Chicken Tenders . . .  Buffalo Chicken Salad . . . Buffalo Turkey Burgers . . . Buffalo Chicken Casserole  . . . Skillet Buffalo Chicken . . . Buffalo Chicken Rolls  . . .  etc.  Each one as delicious as the last.

 photo DSCN6001_zpslwo7f0sl.jpg

 Today I made some really delicious Buffalo Quesadillas and they were just fabulous.  Adapted from a recipe which I got from a magazine I bought the last time I was in Canada in 2013 entitled  Chicken Dinners, a BHG Special Interest Publication.  150 new ideas for dinner tonight.   After having tasted these delicious quesadillas today . . .  I don't know why I have waited so long to cook something from it's pages!  These were excellent, easy to make and relatively low in fat.

 photo DSCN6003_zpsbguxhjlw.jpg


*Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas*
Serves 4

If you like quesadillas and buffalo wings, you will  love, LOVE these simple Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas!
1/2 pound chicken breast meat, boneless, skinless
water
1 - 2 TBS bottled hot pepper sauce
4 (7 to 8 inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
2 ounces part im mozzarella cheese, grated
2 TBS crumbled blue cheese
8 mdium carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
6 stalks of celery, cut into sticks
1/4 cup bottled light blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
low fat cooking spray oil 


 photo DSCN6005_zpsamsusago.jpg

Place the chicken into a saucepan large enough to hold it comfortably.  Cover with cold water.  Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer.  Cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until the hcicken is cooked through, turning several times.  Remove from the heat and set aside to cool somewhat.  Remove the chicken from the water to a bowl and shred completely using two forks.   Toss together with the hot pepper sauce to taste.  (you should have about 1 1/2 cups of chicken).


Spray one side of each tortilla with some cooking spray.  Place coated sides down on a work surface.  Top half of each tortilla with an equal portion of the mozzarella cheese, blue cheese and shredded chicken.  Fold the other halves of the tortillas over to cover, pressing gently.


Cook in a large skillet over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, until golden brown on both sides, turning once. Cut into wedges to serve, along with the salad dressing and vegetables for dipping.

 photo DSCN6006_zpsujqht5p2.jpg

Plain and simple, these made for one very delicious lunch indeed!

Bon Appetit!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!